The Redeemer's Return - Contents
THE REDEEMERS RETURN
THE NEED OF THE REDEEMERS RETURN
I. THE REDEEMERS RETURN IS NECESSITATED BY THE DECLARATIONS OF OLD TESTAMENT PROPHECY.
II. THE REDEEMERS RETURN IS NECESSITATED BY HIS OWN AFFIRMATIONS.
III. THE REDEEMERS RETURN IS NECESSITATED BY THE RATIFICATION OF THE HOLY SPIRIT.
IV. THE REDEEMERS RETURN IS NECESSITATED BY THE HUMILIATION OF THE CROSS.
V. THE REDEEMERS RETURN IS NECESSITATED BY THE PRESENT EXALTATION OF SATAN.
VI. THE REDEEMERS RETURN IS NECESSITATED BY THE PRESENT DISORGANIZATION OF ISRAEL.
VII. THE REDEEMERS RETURN IS NECESSITATED BY THE PRESENT DEGRADATION AND DESOLATION OF THE WORLD.
VIII. THE REDEEMERS RETURN IS NECESSITATED BY THE LAMENTATION OF ALL CREATION.
IX. THE REDEEMERS RETURN IS NECESSITATED BY THE SUPPLICATIONS OF THE CHURCH.
X. THE REDEEMERS RETURN IS NECESSITATED BY THE EXPECTATION OF THE DEAD IN CHRIST.
I. The Character of Our Hope
1. Our Hope is not the Conversion of the World.
2. Our Hope is not the Salvation of the Soul.
3. Our Hope is not Death.
4. Our Hope is the personal Return of our Redeemer.
II. THE AUTHORIZATION OF OUR HOPE.
1. We have the Promise of the Lord Jesus Himself.
2. We have the word of Gods messengers at the time of His Sons Ascension.
3. We have the inspired testimony of the apostles.
4. Finally, we have the Promise of the Lord given from the Throne.
III. THE BLESSEDNESS OF OUR HOPE.
1. Because of its bearing upon Israel.
2. Because of its bearing upon the Gentiles.
3.Because of its bearing upon the Church.
4. Because of its bearing upon Christ Himself.
THE FACT OF THE REDEEMERS RETURN
1. The Statement of this Fact.
2. The Interpretation of this Fact.
3. The twofold bearing of this Fact.
4. The Fact of the Redeemers Return was typified in the lives of Joseph and Solomon.
5. The Fact of the Redeemers Return was foreshadowed in the Ritual on the annual day of Israels Atonement.
6. The Fact of the Redeemers Return is illustrated in the Gospel narratives.
7. The Fact of the Redeemers Return had a spectacular setting forth on the Mount of Transfiguration.
THE TIME OF THE REDEEMERS RETURN.
I. Post and Pre-millennialism Defined.
1. The position of Post-millennialism.
2. The position of Pre-millennialism.
II. Post and Pre-millennialism Examined.
1. An examination of Post-millennialism.
2. An examination of Pre-millennialism.
III. Post-millennialism Refuted.
1. The condition of the world when our Lord returns proves that His Second Advent cannot be post-millennial.
2. The Teaching of Matthew 13 proves that no era of Millennial blessing precedes Christs Second Advent.
3. Our Lords Olivet discourse shows that there is no universal triumph of the Gospel before His Second Advent.
4. The present working of the Mystery of Iniquity proves that there can be no Millennium before the Redeemers Return.
IV. PRE-MILLENNIALISM ESTABLISHED.
1. Christ does not receive the Kingdom until the time of His Second Advent.
2. The Times of Restitution can be ushered in only by the Second Advent of Christ.
3. The Restoration of Israel is only made possible by the Second Advent of Christ.
4. A groaning Creation can be delivered only by the Second Advent of Christ.
The Imminency of the Redeemers Return
1. Our Lord Himself spoke of His Return in the language of Imminency.
2. The Apostles referred to the Redeemers Return in the language of Imminency.
3. Why was the fact of our Lords Return presented in the language of Imminency and the exact date withheld?
4. Why is it that our Lord has tarried till now?
THE SIGNS OF THE REDEEMERS RETURN
1. The Recovery and Revival of the Blessed Hope itself.
2. The Apostasy which prepares the way for the Antichrist.
3. The Laodicean state of Christendom.
4. The Prophecy of the Perilous Times.
5. The Overturning which is visible on every hand.
6. The present Distress of Nations.
7. The conflict between Capital and Labor.
8. The Rejuvenation and Restoration of Israel.
9. The limitations of Earths great Week.
10. The analogy between the two Advents of Christ.
The Beneficiaries of the Redeemers Return.
1. The Lords descent from Heaven.
2. The Resurrection of the sleeping saints.
3. The Translation of living believers.
4. The Transformation of each believer into the Image of our glorified Saviour.
5. The Examination and Rewarding of the believers works.
6. The presentation of the Church by Christ to Himself.
7. The Manifestation of the Church with Christ.
THE WORLDWARD RESULTS OF THE REDEEMERS RETURN
1. The Worlds Consternation at the sudden and secret Removal of the Church.
2. The Hopeless condition of the left-behind ones.
3. Gods dealings with the earth during the Tribulation period.
4. The revelation and career of the Anti-christ.
5. The Situation of the Jews during this Period.
6. The Battle of Armageddon.
7. The Return of Christ to the earth itself.
THE CONSUMMATION OF THE REDEEMERS RETURN
1. The millennium in relation to Satan.
2. The Millennium in relation to Christ.
3. The Millennium in relation to the Church.
4. The Millennium in relation to Israel.
5. The Millennium in relation to the World.
6. The Millennium in relation to Creation.
7. The Millennium in relation to Sin.